Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Christmas of 1, Yes 1 Ornament!

OK, so you all know me as the guy who loves, seriously loves this holiday. I really do. Heck, even with the trip to Whistler and down to see Mom I got the tree up on the 9th of the month and then the following month I decked out the rest of the apartment. It was just the tree left to be decked out and figured I would do it on the 18th but decided to go to the gift grab. The 19th had Moonsong cleaning and by the time I got back to the apartment I was tired and needed to get some other things done. The following nights had me dining with friends and making phone calls. Gifts needed to be bought and were not and the tree waited with one exception. The “Polar Express” ornament that was a FABULOUS birthday present and was put out by Hallmark in 2007. When I opened it I cried. Such a sap! Well, I put that ornament on the tree and decided that Helene and I would deck the tree on the 24th. No worries.Well, as you can see we did not. No much laughter followed and it is totally ok! Seriously, I have never laughed so much before. I get so stressed out by the holiday and you know what? Why? No reason. I just buy into the hype and so on this year, the yeasr when things did not go quite as planned; I have a tree that did not go quite as planned. I present the tree of one ornament. In case you do not see the one ornament here is a close-up and yes, I do believe! Get over it.But oh be prepared, I shall be back in full force next year and it will be over the top and yet festive. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment