Friday, September 12, 2014

Not Quite The Day I Had Planned

Woke up at 3AM and had congestion in my chest.  Discomfort and feeling that I was not getting enough oxygen.  Numbers were low and so turned up to 3 units per minute from 2.  No noticeable change.  Morning passes and continue feeling rotten and chest getting tighter.  Tired and at times disoriented.  Do not feel I can sleep.  Need to keep going.  Have a sandwich at lunch even though not hungry.  Call Dr. Huseby now.  Got Diane, his nurse.  Made some suggestions.  Continued to get more exhausted and knew it was not getting better.  Finally called doctor on call at 6:30pm and after a discussion, she had me call 911.
This is the kind of ambulance that took me to the hospital.  Quite the production and was sent right into the Emergency Room and at one point 8 people were working on me.  Lungs totally clogged with fluid as were my legs - they had swelled as the night progressed.  Breathing was challenging.  By 1:45am I was in ICU and found out it was the absolute right call to make.  So this was not how I had planned the weekend to kick off, but in the end it is how it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment