Friday, August 13, 2010

Markie Is Quite the Host - Outback!

Tomorrow night I am to be at a dinner party on Markie's back deck. It is an amazing dining space and you will agree after this quick tour. Alas, Mother Nature has better ideas for me. HIDE! It is going to be in the 90's and well, I drop the blinds, crank the AC and have all fans on high. So sadly I will not get to be there, but these were taken recently on a dinner there. Follow along:

This is the convection oven complete with warming drawers below. I mean doesn't everyone have one on their back deck? Over to the right is a blue topped plastic storage bin holding charcoal. For what?
But of course the jumbo tron of side barrel smoker BBQ's of the deluxe variety. It has multiple "zones" to cook in. Seriously, the man does BBQ like nobodies business and was the singular inspiration for the upcoming Fall-B-Que Tour. You may see the Rib-eye's sitting there on the plate ready to hit the grill.
You may be wondering what is that scissor lift doing in his backyard? Well, it will soon be the new dining platform so that you can go up about 20' and have a bird's eye view of south Seattle and watch the planes a little closer as they take off and land at Sea-Tac. As hard as it is to consider, I do not plan on making a reservation at Markie's Sky Cafe!
No, I opt to stay on the ground and enjoy a beautiful table like the one you see. And indeed that is a mini TV that is smaller than the antenna for reception! But you know what, at least we can watch the news and enjoy an evening's breeze at the same time. In this picture you will note freshly baked onion rolls out of the oven to the left of the entertainment center and to the right is my new salad creation, a spin on Insalata Caprese by dumping basil and replacing with cucumber for a crunch that is quite enjoyable.

So I shall miss being there, but oh what wonderful times I have enjoyed many times over and hope to again. I did just jot off an email explaining why I was bowing out and in fact offered up my air conditioned apartment if they want to move the dinner here. We shall see. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment