Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Moving 3 Weeks From Tomorrow

Well, it is done and done I believe.  Unless something amazing occurs I will be living in apartment 509 of building A at the Solara Complex.  It is an urban design that is comprised of three buildings surrounding a courtyard.  It has a lot of amenities and it will be a major change for me as I will now be living in a one bedroom apartment for the first time in years. I have loved living in studios and the actual square footage is about the same as what I have now with the addition of a wall and door.  My move-in is slated for April 4th, a Thursday.
From their website:  You’ve discovered your Urban Oasis at Solara Apartments located in North Seattle. Enjoy the modern living you are accustomed to, in a studio, 1, 2 or 3 bedroom home with stylish accents.  Situated on Lake City Way you’re near everything that matters: University of WA, Lake Washington, University Village, Northgate Mall and the Burke Gilman Trail. With easy access to I-5 & Hwy 99 you are near the best of the city minutes away.

Club Solara features a billiards/game room, 24-Hr fitness center, tanning, whirlpool spa, dry cedar sauna, and projection screen DVD theatre. Stunning landscaped courtyard is complete with a gas bbq grill. Plus all the conveniences of onsite retail dining, shops & salon.  At Solara you'll encounter a home with style and energy of the city met with serenity and balance.

There are some real positives and there are some negatives to the move.  First, they offer something called the "waste valet" where each night between 6-8pm you place the black garbage container outside your door with recycling and poof, it disappears.  That is a nice feature.  I will have a balcony that is large enough to have an electric or propane grill.  Then there is the washer/dryer in unit.  LOVE THAT!  Underground parking with guaranteed space plus there is guest parking for overnight guests.  That is a nice feature to have again.  One the other side of the coin is that I can only have the one accent painted wall and not do the bathroom, but I can get over that in due course.  Also, the way the elevator works, I will buzz people in the main entrance, but then have to go down to the main floor to let them up.  That could get to be a pain after a while.  We shall see.

You can click on the link above or you can click here and it will take you to the website.  From there click on floor plans and I am getting the Boca Raton.  Naming the units just cracks me up!  I call it a one-bedroom.  The bathroom is configured a little different in my unit, but that is the only real change.  You can click around and see other things about the complex.  So there you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment