Thursday, October 16, 2014

Micheal's Road Trip

Michael retired at the end of last month.  The next day he left on a road trip.  He has been having a grand time.  Has been visiting many national parks plus the Balloon Fiesta in Santa Fe.  Has walked a lot.  Sounds like the adventures continue at The Grand Canyon.
Back on the interstate, I continued west until Kingman, AZ and turned onto some county road Siri said to take. My ultimate destination was Grand Canyon West. This little destination is home to the Skywalk above the canyon. Chris told me that I was going to pay, and howdy, he was right. Those photos of me on the Skywalk, Karen Pugh, may require me to take out a second mortgage. Overall, I was surprised I wasn't as freaked out at seeing the canyon floor 4,000 feet below my own feet. In fact, some guy from NJ and I started daring each other and finally we got on our hands and knees and actually looking down through the gaps between the glass. 
I'm glad I went --- don't need to go again.  While the cost was one factor, being herded on buses just isn't my cup of tea at this time. It all seemed a bit frenetic as well. The absolute best part of the trip was that I got to drive through miles and miles of a Joshua Tree forest. The two pictures attached are not all that representative but it was where I could pull off the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment