Thursday, November 20, 2014

Decluttering Again

As many of you know I have been letting go of "stuff" for years.  I have heard from many that I have served as an inspiration to do the same.  I saw a post on my friend's facebook that talked about decluttering and it really was quite true.  It can be a challenge and so here are three good questions to ask:

  • If you had to purchase the item yourself, at full price, would you?
  • If someone you didn't like gave you the item as a gift, would you still keep it?
  • Does the item invoke happy memories?

Or in other words:

  • Do I use it?
  • Do I love it?
  • Can it make me money?

And there was even this particular sanitized comment to go by:

  • Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.

Personally, I think there is a fine line that needs to be used.  With Damon moving in I have really had to relook at everything and it is proving to be quite a relief to let go of a lot of things that I thought mattered and in the end, played a role in a certain time in my life and now it is time to release them and move on.  Currently, it is the books and family items that are proving to be a challenge.  Soon all the papers and photos will be up and that is going to be handled quite easily as Damon is going to scan everything.  Happy decluttering.

No comments:

Post a Comment