Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hello June...

The month kicked off with a tornado in Massachusetts and it is only the newest chapter in a spring of stunning weather. From extended cold and snow in the northwest to the earthquake in Japan and then all the tornadoes. One can only hope for the best to one and all, but yet, so much devastation. Quite scary. As for me, I just try and pause and appreciate all that I have. Took some time away from work and ventured to Las Vegas for a couple of conferences. One, I was able to present an interesting speech and an extended Q&A. Then came a weekend of socializing and meeting new people from all over the country. Who knew!? Interesting to be sure and I have to say, I think I am just a bit too old for some people. For me, I like chatting and socializing and enjoying a fine dinner. I found all too quick that Las Vegas for many is all about drinking, gambling and sex. Mind you, I am not being pious, but come on guys.

It was wonderful to get home Monday and begin getting the place back in shape. Work has just flattened me out the past two days so I am moving a bit slow. Finding balance is my goal right now. Taking it slow and steady. When I got home this evening it was all about getting the bathroom and kitchen back in order. That is done and done with laundry going and dishes running. Tomorrow I shall begin getting the living room caught up and by the weekend it should be ready for a good cleaning by dear Moonsong. He is amazing to be sure. Some socializing will be had and yet I plan to keep some alone time. It is really needed.

Hope all are keeping up with the change in seasons and know that I have now gotten to enjoy Copper River salmon three times = so very good. More to follow - Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment