Sunday, October 19, 2014

A Week And Counting

Arrived last Monday and it seems that should the numbers hold I could be headed home tomorrow or Tuesday.  It has been a long week.  Started in the Emergency Room and from there is was on to the Intensive Care Unit for 2 days.  At That point my stats were good enough to send me up to the Managed Care Unit for the next 3 days.  The difference is that ICU is a two patient to each nurse vs. MCU is three patients to each nurse.  Then on Friday afternoon I was told at 3:30pm that I would move at 5:30pm to Heart Monitor floor.  Cool.  Well, not cool as the move did not happen until 12:30AM - yes - I am not kidding.  I was totally exhausted by the time I got in bed.

It is a challenge to move in that there is a whole new learning curve that has to be overcome.  So many staff have preconceived notions of people who are overweight.  I have had to show them that indeed I can walk, talk, eat, drink and wet all by myself.  It was also the week that they are redoing the kitchen so like half the menu is not available, making for a boring routine, but Jodie and Rob brought some lovely blueberries yesterday and oh how wonderful.

So, at this point oxygen is back on track, continue to void myself of water like crazy and the Heprine seems to be working.  I do not get overly excited and do hope to see home soon.  At this point, the one nice thing is that my room does look out on downtown and Puget Sound so that is a good thing.  Enjoy your Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment