Tuesday, October 21, 2014

An Unhappy Ending At Swedish

Yes, I should be all excited about getting out of the hospital this day and yet, it is challenging.  Overnight, things went downhill fast.  The nurse spills water all over my phone and fries it out.  Does not even say - Sorry!  Then, after giving my the latest diuretic does not keep up with the emptying of the containers only to see me wetting the bed and floor underneath due to a lack of attention.  Left me sitting there for over a half hour.  To say the least I was one pissed off patient - every pun intended.  I do not complain a lot about nurse care, but in this case I did file a grievance.  I do expect my replacement phone to be covered by the hospital at the very least.

On the flip side, I got to come home.  Damon and Curtis arrived about 3pm and we were soon off and running - stopping only to pick-up some meds at Walgreen's.  Once home it was a tad challenging to get to the apartment, but after that it was smooth sailing.  I have found I am feeling better and breathing better since home.  Have been able to attend to myself without Damon's assistance which was the regular routine prior to this stay.  Seem my oxygen levels are staying where they need to be and we are working together on portion control and eating better.  Now on Warfern, I have to eat a lot more salads.  

No comments:

Post a Comment