Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday, Monday...

Seriously, this could get to be very, very scary if I am able to keep going like this. Four, count'em four entries in a row. I do think there is something in the air. That's right, spring has sprung and so I am just having a rip roaring good time. Got home this day to get the garbage and recycling done. Did I stop there, not a chance. It was on to the laundry and putting all the dishes away and hey, why not get all the ice cube trays filled and water jug done. Then it happened. After nearly 4 years...the water filter died on me. Yup! It just up and stopped. So have taken apart the kitchen facet and oh did I feel butch doing that. Got that all taken apart and went around to the two arrangements of lilies and got all the pollen pods out of them and well, now I get to do a quick post and be on with the evening.
Donate to PBS! It is the spring pledge drive and yes, they drive me crazy, but hey, it is not dumbed-down TV. They show a lot of good stuff and I so love Gwen Iffil on PBS Newshour and Washington Week in Review. But hey there is Antique Roadshow and heck, I turn to Create one of their additional channels with the digital age for some fun on cooking and decorating plus travel.

Due to the spring pledge drive I will be taking leave this night and reading. The "specials" they run during pledge drive time so work my nerves to be sure, but they are enjoyable for others. But seriously, another "Celtic Thunder?" So I will continue reading my "Best of Food Writing 2009" and looking forward to the weekend. Now don't get me wrong, I will take each day as it unfolds, but Friday has 2 dear Ya-Ya's arriving and Saturday will be 2 more. 2 of us are already here plus the honorary member! Friday night will be cocktails here - even on the courtyard pending weather and then on to my favorite restaurant in my neighborhood, Shanghai Garden and then Saturday is going to be a series of fun and festive moments with the Ya-Ya's including a couple of very special moments. Sunday has everyone heading home and that goes for my sister who is in Ashland for spring break and heck, even Markie will head home on the 28th from Cabo in Mexico. People are all over the place.

So for me, it is a week plus and then a fun-filled weekend. I seem to have to prove to my boss of 12 years that I am serious about my job. Funny, he questions that and yet I take a phone call from a staff person at 6:21AM on a Sunday morning...go figure. Hmmm, is this all really worth it? Makes you ponder the possibilities somethings. Hope your week goes well and that you are able to take a moment of luxury for yourself this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment