Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Oh my they went and changed it on me...

Hello there to one and all,

Not sure how this is going to turn out in that they seem to have come along and did an "upgrade" to the blog program.  So what I am going to do is to post this and see what we get to look at.  Hope it is not too different.  Cannot believe that this marks the end of the first quarter of 2010.  Did you send in your Census paperwork?  I did, by the skin of my teeth.  If you did not get it postmarked today, they will be coming and knocking on your door.

It was an 11 hour day and my back hurts and just not sure why so I am going to close for now.  Markie will be over tomorrow for dinner.  I think he is bringing steaks.  I finally had to toss the lilies that I took the picture of a few days ago.  Boy they lasted a while. 

OK, so here is a sudden development - 4th of July Fireworks Show in Seattle Canceled!

SEATTLE - This year's Family 4th at Lake Union celebration and fireworks show will go dark this year. One Reel, the show's producer, says they just couldn't get a corporate sponsor to make it work this July. Work has begun to get enough funding to revive the 4th of July celebration at Gas Works Park for 2011.

The show draws approximately 50,000 revelers to Gas Works Park, as well as 200,000 fans both 'on' and around Lake Union.

In a statement by One Reel: This event, hailed by Forbes Travel Magazine and Time Magazine as one of the top Independence Day fireworks displays in the country, is free to the public, made possible through the generosity of a single corporate sponsor each year. For the past 15 months, One Reel worked to secure a title sponsor for the 2010 Family 4th at Lake Union, but was not able to find a supporter in time to produce the event this year. "Deciding not to move forward with this year's Family 4th at Lake Union was incredibly difficult," stated One Reel CEO Toni Aspin, "but without the financial support of a community sponsor, the event is not possible."
Last year Ivar's canceled their display on Elliott Bay.  WOWZERS!

1 comment:

  1. Guess you'll have to drive south to Portland! :-) I'll probably be here this year as I am working until then. Blog looks about the same from my perspective.

    ReplyDelete