Monday, May 6, 2013

Home Sweet Home

These three words really meant a lot to me today as I completed my 1200 mile journey to celebrate Mom's 90th birthday.  I got up early and drove to the office getting there mid-morning.  It was a good drive with only minor delays at two places on I-5.  Made it to 3pm and then it was homeward bound after dropping off the last of the liquor runs to Jodie and Rob.  She invited me in, but I just needed to get home to my space.  I am so ever grateful to Moonsong for not only the fabulous cleaning he did, but in setting the AC to cool and blocking out the windows to get the apartment cool.  It was heavenly to just be able to sit and relax.  I ended up napping from 6-8pm and then crashed for good after watching "Dancing With The Stars" all the while texting back and forth to Janet.  I also had the joy of catching up Ani out of California on all the news from the past week.  But oh is it good to be home!  I love my new bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment