Monday, November 18, 2013

Monday Memories


So today I was thinking about when I lived down in the International District and how I so enjoyed going to Shanghai Gardens for lunch or dinner, often with friends.  I do miss that place.  Up near where I live is another place called Snappy Dragon which has some good dishes and I enjoy going there with my friend Helene when she is in town.  Damon loves Chinese food and so when he gets here later this week we will likely have it at some point.  Alas, I cannot have it nearly as often as I would like in that there are the noodles and rice plus all the deep-frying that is done. 
 
Funny how memories pop into your mind and just hang there for a while.  I was watching several Christmas movies over the weekend on the Hallmark Channel (Thank you Jodie for getting me hooked!) and I started thinking back to all the wonderful memories I have of growing up at 697 Indiana Street where we had a lot of fun and people over during the holidays.  My sister got a reel to reel tape recorder one year and I still hear "Chris got crayons" as Dad gave his narrative of the day and how we all "fared pretty well this year" as was a favorite line of his. 
 
Hope this causes you to take pause and let your mind wander and think of a favorite memory that makes you smile, it can make the day go just a little bit better.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment