Friday, June 27, 2014

Life Interrupted

So last Thursday was my first return to the office, and it did not go well.  I was exhausted.  So headed home and rested over the weekend, thinking it was residual recovery from the summer cold/diarrhea.  By Monday, it was bad enough to call the doctor and arrange a visit.  He could see me yesterday, the 26th.  Went in and got checked out.  He decided I needed a CT SCAN.  Headed for the hospital and had it done.  Well, next thing I am told is that I have to head to the emergency room.  Not a good thing.  Appears I have a type B aortic dissection  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aortic_dissection 
 
Dissection of the descending part of the aorta (3), which starts from the left subclavian artery and extends to the abdominal aorta (4). The ascending aorta (1) and aortic arch (2) are not involved.
 
Thus, my world has been turned upside down.  I am in the ICU at Swedish Cherry Hill.  Likely here through the weekend.  We shall see.  Damon arrives this Thursday, the 3rd!  Will be working from home for the foreseeable future.  And so it goes/

No comments:

Post a Comment