Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Monday to Wednesday - Wowzers!

Monday night I got a text from a dear friend in New Jersey.  Mind you, I got it at 7:30pm which meant it was 10:30pm back there.  Asked if I was free to talk = not good thing at that hour and it was not.  She had been in a major accident involving 5 cars and 4 people going to the hospital (not her) and the hard part was that she is the one who rear ended the first car starting the chain reaction.  The 4 cars ahead of her had stopped where they should not have and thus caused her to attempt to stop, but did not in time.  The other 4 cars were tourists that had no clue what they were doing, but in the end she is the one who got the ticket and summons.  Lucky for her, she has awesome insurance.
 
She was in need of a shoulder and we talked for nearly three hours.  I was exhausted after the call and realized right then and there I could never work on a crisis line.  I would be a wreck every night.  The callers to the crisis line would likely be helping me by the end of the call.  LOL!
 
I was a bit stunned last night in that a friend was in town and so we joined two others and had dinner at the Chinese place across from my old building.  Had not been there since February of last year.  To say I was stunned when I walked in would be an understatement.  They totally were excited to see me and called me by name.  It was like a rock star welcome.  The food was excellent as always. 
 
It was amusing I was emailing my friend Helene, who lives in Vancouver, last week and telling her how she needs to come down to see me since I am no longer welcome in Canada - the only country in the world I cannot go to.  Still amazed I got to go up there for over 10 years and no problem and then = problem.  Well, she is coming down for the ballet this weekend and so we are having dinner on Saturday.  Going to enjoy some Copper River salmon. 
 
So there you go, it has been quite the week thus far and only Wednesday...and tomorrow is Friday Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment