Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A Realization Of Sadness

Today has proven to be one of the most challenging in a long time.  Funny how little things just keep piling up and then all of a sudden it becomes overwhelming.  Reached out to a dear friend and had a good cry and then some much needed laughter.  So what happened?

First up, I am going stir crazy here in the apartment and was looking forward to seeing Dr. Youssef this week.  Well, that appt. got delayed until August 7th due to an emergency on his part.  So that was the first little thing.  Next, Curtis brought over the wooden stand from the office I needed.  If it had just been the stand, that would have been one thing, but rather, he thought he was being helpful and had cleaned up all my travel memories and trinkets in the office plus my artwork.  And it was all just piled in boxes.

Boy, did that just hit me, my life at E&A in a couple of boxes.  Not a great feeling and it took a couple of days to even begin to get things cleared up a bit.  Then Damon got my mail yesterday and I opened it this morning and there were the first two bills for the medical procedure at the end of last month totaling over $2,200.  YIKES!  Forgot about the $3,200 deductible.  Add on that it is raining like crazy here in Seattle today and it all just came crashing down.

Well, as I type this I have now had two good crying binges and realize that life will not stop as we know it and things will get better.  I need to take things one day at a time.  I am fortunate to have amazing friends and loving family.  Damon is a joy and bright spot in my life.  I have my health for the most part and life marches on.  But sometimes, you have to let the sadness flow to make room for joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment