Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Day Traditions - The Lighter Side

One of the fun moments of May Day is making the cones of flowers and delivering them in secret around town. The fun we had and it was so easy. Clipping flowers around the yard and just making a lot of color to bring a smile to a person. What a wonderful memory. I sent May Day Flowers around to friends a few years back and it was such a joy to hear from those near and far about the memories it brought back. Memories are something that you just cannot take away, but rather they are to be savored! My oh my, the 5th month of the year has arrived. I have been to one May Pole Dance at the annual Ravenna Ravine ceremony. Not my big thing. The warm sun and potluck just make for stomach aches to be sure. No, I am going to lay low this day and enjoy some pampering, good phone calls and do a few chores around. The past 10 days have been just a bit too much for me. Need to take time to get the apt. in order and gear up for a month that will be filled with a lot of celebrations and fun. At the same time it is an annual challenge for me. While many look to summer with great anticipation, I do not. I "get" through summer. Not my favorite season. It is, in fact, my least favorite and it is still spring so I try to hold perspective. But I do have air conditioning and autumn is only a few months away and that always puts a big smile on my face. Love the change of color and this year I do plan to finally take my Fall-B-Que tour! They say third time is the charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment