Monday, December 27, 2010

And So hear I Am...

Almost caught up. No Way! Yes, I have let go of the daily posting, I have a job and it takes a lot of time and the laptop is not a keyboard I really like so in the new year I will likely be switching out this laptop to a tower and keyboard. Boy, I really like to be able to watch TV and do the computer work, but seriously, do I really need the computer overload? There are times, like at Michael's when I do not need all the media crap. In fact, did I tell you about the trip over? After opening the gifts on Christmas morning, thank you to Markie, Janet, Mike & family plus Kate & Eric out of Kentucky, I drove over to Long Beach, WA and it was a delight. Upon arriving, Michael had chopped liver waiting with cocktails to be followed by Chicken N' Dumplings. Can you say YUM! We were stuffed and yet so much laughter.

Next up was a good night's sleep and the morning brought fresh biscuits out of the over with leftover chicken N' dumpling gravy. I was in food heaven. After that we read, napped and Michael was in the kitchen being an amazing conductor for the Boxing Day feast. Hank and Cooper (the dogs) wanted more attention and the rain really made for a low key day. I napped and read and got to play a couple of games of Yahtzee with Michael. Oh my God - I got three Yahtzee's in one game and that set up the dinner!

Yes, we had garlic stuffed prime rib with Yorkshire pudding along with oh so fluffy potatoes and light and lively green beans. It was AMAZING. The finale was pumpkin mousse with gingerbread crumpled on top. Why did 3:30AM have to arrive so early the next morning? But it did and back to seattle I went...knowing that a tradition was honored and will be kept for years to come. Big Hugs to Michael!

1 comment:

  1. And so here I am unless you are listening to something. :-)

    ReplyDelete