Thursday, April 8, 2010

Gary in Africa

You know sometimes things happen and you just have to pause and be thankful. Gary, a gentleman I met online a few years back was a gorilla keeper for a zoo in Canada. We got to know each other and when he came to Seattle we got to meet and have dinner. It was cool. Going to Africa several times a year was part of his work. I found out today that he died recently. He was in Africa doing what he loved with a band of gorillas and suddenly started having horrible pains. Within minutes he was gone. Have not heard more than that from his partner. In his memory, here are a few of my favorite photos from a trip that he sent me:











Now going has taken on a whole new meaning. It is one trip I have been wanting to do since I began working at Events & Adventures. If not with them, I still want to go and see all the beauty that is there to be enjoyed.

1 comment:

  1. It is wonderful to know that he was doing what he loved with his life. My condolences in the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete