Saturday, April 24, 2010

Smiling on a Blustery Day

Oh hello there,

Glad you decided to stop by again. It is a blustery day in Seattle. Rain earlier and now the sun is shining and well, I am a blogging for now. Whenever I use the word "blustery" I instantly think of Winnie the Pooh. And then something happens, I smile. It is like when you get a delivery of flowers or a balloon, they make you smile. Same thing when you walk off a flight and see family or friends who are there to greet you, a smile. I have found that it is much more fun to smile and it keeps one in a happy place for a while. So I think that while I finish this post I'll just keep smiling.

As we progress in life more gadgets and gizmo's come into our lives. I was dragged into the cell phone age kicking and screaming. I have yet to go to the fancy phones and get email. That is for when I sit at a computer. To think that is old-fashioned makes me smile!

This week a dear friend bought a house in Longview while another is celebrating 21 years of being sober. Both of these make me smile. You know what make me really smile some times. Names of bands today. I was looking at a list of favorite songs on a friend's blog today and here are a few:

Flashing Lips, oops sorry it is Flaming Lips
Band of Horses
The House of Kite, oops, wrong again it is House of Love and The Brother Kite
My Morning Jacket
Kitchens of Distinction and oh I love this one - Fish Karma!


Me, I listen to solo artists and a whole lot of Soundtracks & Original Cast Recordings - yes, there is a difference! But I am still smiling.

On Facebook, I am down to 32 friends and slowly fading. They keep doing stuff on there that is creepy. I have had to lock down my settings to keep out unwanted websites from snagging information. But yesterday a friend posted a website that is quite amusing. It takes several beaches and makes them into "subway maps" which make me smile. I might even get one, but where in the world would I put it? I have gotten to the point in my apartment where something goes when something comes in. Keeps life simple to be sure.

I have been pleased to hear from friends and family that I have been an inspiration to simplify their lives and let go of all the excess. One friend finally cleared out a storage unit that had just held "stuff" for 16 years. Mind you, the stuff was a lot of memories and things that were loved, but had just sat there and now she has kept what she wanted and let the rest go. Wowzers! My sister did the same thing at her place cleaning out closets this year. I smile knowing how good they feel in letting go and getting thing more simple.

In closing I was trying to think of something else that makes people smile and boy do I know cupcakes do - Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, smiling has always been important to me. Recently a nephew said one of the things he always liked is that I smiled so much-sweet to hear from someone who is now adult and I hadn't seen very often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids make me smile.... most of the time! Today they were making marble mazes using paper towel and toilet paper tubes, taping them together and then taping paper cups to the ends to catch the marbles. Their creations were amazing and they had such fun! Major smiles! British comedies make me smile, despite watching the same episodes over and over, because they are so ridiculous! And last but not least, you make me not only smile, but laugh (unless you've had a hard day at work). It's great to laugh together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love blustery days ~ they make me think of Pooh Bear and Piglet, plus it always makes me feel more lively. We're loving the new house, btw. It's going to take some time to get it all straightened around, but we've been hard at work for the last week. Today two trees are coming down, hopefully where they're meant to.

    ReplyDelete