Saturday, May 15, 2010

Saturday is Such a Wonderful Day!

It is like getting a big bouquet of balloons for fun. Just kind of puts a smile on your face when you wake up as you know you have time to call your own and just enjoy what may come along. That is exactly what this day has been for me! Got to enjoy breakfast with Mick as I often do on Saturday morning and this day had us up at The Original Pancake House. I had not been to the Seattle location before and quite enjoyed it, but it is nothing like the original location in Portland on Barbur Blvd. From there it was off to get the two items I am contributing to the event this evening. After much searching I found a glorious 2 lb. fillet of Copper River Sockeye Salmon. And along with 2 pints of sorbet (Blackberry Cabernet & Blood Orange) I dropped them off at Jodie & Rob's place and headed for home.

Granted, it became a challenge as there was the Pike Place Market Cheese Festival and some charity walk/run through downtown so traffic was a mess and there were two cruise ships docked to show cruise season has kicked in. Now I did not know what charity walk was this day and did a search. While I did not have any luck in finding out who the charity was, I did find out that if you are in Seattle this day and having nothing to do tonight well, take heart. You can go to: Seattle Jello Wrestling Extravaganza @ 7:30p at Rendezvous Jewelbox Theater! Seriously, do I have to say ANYTHING else! I am laughing so hard right now.

So now I have enjoyed a nice nap, watched The Preakness horse race and it is time to head up to the Rob & Jodie's place (see how I flipped the names to be balanced and fair!) for a fun evening and will report all later. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Nothing like a bouquet of balloons that are filled with the right kind of helium! :-)

    ReplyDelete