Monday, May 24, 2010

Snoqualmie Falls or Bust

After all the Ya-Ya's met up at my apt. for a while we carpooled up to Snoqualmie Falls where we valet parked as Salish Lodge and went to "The Attic" and had a late lunch. Then it was a short walk to the falls where we officially welcomed "Bright Bulb" to the group. "Jelly Queen" aka Jodie made the lovely crown for her.

I had my handy-dandy official "Dollywood" mister fan to provide water mist to complete the induction as there was no where for her to walk into the ocean nearby. Hey, we do what we can and still laugh about it. Guess I should have had a seashell so she could have at least heard the ocean. After that Rob (our Shep) took the following picture of all of the Ya-Ya's from left is Oysterboy, Flying Dog, Beautiful Butterfly Brain (B3), Swandafag, Bright Bulb, Foulmouth and Jelly Queen!

It is fun to get together and share stories and catch up and for some reason drinking and eating are a big part of the weekend. Oh my! Jodie and Rob are amazing people and they played hosts to the dinner Saturday night of an amazing spinach salad, deviled eggs, baked yam's, bread (complete with a gluten-free option) and two kinds of pan-cooked chicken as the weather did not allow grilling. Oh and did I mention macadamia nut chocolate clusters? OMG!

By the way, for those that have never been, Snoqualmie Falls is a majestic 268 ft. waterfall located in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains. Whitewater tumbles over granite cliffs into the emerald river canyon below. It is home to the first waterfall driven power station in the world. Just amazing to think such beauty exists and creates power too!

1 comment:

  1. Great photos! It was such a good time ~ one of our best get togethers, I think. I will make one tiny correction - it's FoUlmouth, not FoWlmouth. I sound like someone who may attack your chickens and eat them raw if I had too many tequilas, instead of just being the harmless curser in candy stores. ;)

    ReplyDelete