Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A Personal Inventory - Finding Balance

There are times that one must pause and look at where they have gone and where they are going.  As Damon has flown back to Las Vegas and returns in 29 days this is as good a time as any to do this.  Work, Home and Relationship are all key to a enjoyable life and currently two of the three really suck.  Thus, I need to make change happen and to move towards a more balanced living situation for myself.  Work used to be a rock solid base for me and it is no longer.

Work is no better than it has been and that is frustrating.  I am truly at a point where if I were to be fired I would actually be a happy camper.  That is a bit of sick and twisted way of looking at things, but I really need to get out of this toxic situation.  It is clear and yet there are no available options currently.

I have come to realize my current apartment is not my home.  I called the last place at Uwajimaya home without hesitation.  This is no longer the case.  I live there, but am not happy.  I look forward to making a change where I am in that I find home to be such am important part of one's life.    I continue to look at options and decide where I want to live. 

As for the relationship - this is a complex one in that it is both the relationship I have with me and with Damon.  I must continue to work on the weight issue and to make positive changes.  The change in the weather has proven to be a marker on how my life has changed.  I used to love the cold and now - not so much!  I have been blessed with a lot of great friends and family as well.  That is a great thing to be sure and at the same time I have come to realize that friends do not want to constantly hear about the negativity of the work place and that is why I need to make a change there for not only myself but for others. 

Damon plays a far more stabilizing role than I think either of us ever imagined. With Damon's return next month it will be the beginning of a multi-month visit.  He is going to be here to assist in moving in early February.  So you can see how each component interplays with the others.  Thankful that I have such good friends, family and a most enjoyable relationship right now.  It allows me the basis to work on the other two areas to improve them.

No comments:

Post a Comment