Thursday, October 29, 2009

Grocery Shopping & Blogging at the same time!

Hello there,

Glad you stopped by again to see what Chris is doing. Tonight I am relaxing at home and waiting for AmazonFresh to deliver my groceries. I LOVE them. Yes, a part of the Amazon family, it has a great selection and things you do not see in the regular stores. I placed the order last night and you can edit the order up to 7 hours before deliver. Please know I am not getting a dime for this promotion. It is just great. Safeway delivers but you have to order like $150 of stuff to get free delivery or else it runs like $12. With AmazonFresh, you order $75 and bingo, free delivery and otherwise it is $5. Heck, and with Red Reddish Status you get free delivery the entire next month...but that is a whole different story. So here I am typing away and in the next hour plus I will see my delivery at the door. They are totally cool and heck it is nice to have someone deliver those big packages of paper towels and toilet paper and other stuff without having to schlep them from the parking garage. Oh and they do not allow you to tip! Enough said other than if you want more information go to http://fresh.amazon.com/

Next up is Halloween...I love the holidays in many different ways, but quite frankly, it is the anticipation of the holiday that is so much fun. I decked out the apartment at the beginning of the month. What was really nice was that when I came back from San Francisco the guy who cleans for me (thank you Moonsong!) left a surprise for me on the breakfast bar. He had collected some wonderful leaves and left them for me as a surprise knowing that autumn is my favorite season of the year. I have left them there for the month. I had to laugh when I got home from Mom's last night he had added some bones in among the leaves for a special touch. I have a wonderful garland of Indian Corn that a dear friend, Amy, made for me years ago. She was amazed when I mentioned it to her last year that I still had it. One thing I have noticed in the past 5 years of so is that the Halloween stuff has tapered off a bit and I am more focused on the autumnal (yes, Janet just for you!) side of this time of year. Throughout the apt I have candles lit (I do believe 21 or so) and dimmed the lights for a festive touch. Come Sunday, Halloween items will get packed away and Thanksgiving will step forward for a visit. I focus it in one area on a shelf unit I got at IKEA years and years ago...it is one of those that is 5X5 cubes and it has a black frame with beech shelving, I guess now it is only done in solid colors = how boring!

Soon it will be time to install Christmas...yes, install! Some decorate, but let's be honest, decorating is for the amateurs! Yes, I hope you are laughing right now. What can I say, I just love that time of year. I believe in Santa and let me share that many people I know are fully aware that when I watch the various Christmas movies they can set a watch to when I will begin crying. No, not sad, but the happy cry! I am sobbing and it can be the 30th time watching the movie and there I go. The tree will go up and get fluffed. Then the various areas of the apt. will get decorated but the shelf unit will not happen until the day after Thanksgiving as I pack that away. The tree will be over Thanksgiving weekend. Due to some traveling at the start of December, I am trying to get a bit ahead of the ball game on things this year, but the cards will wait until after Christmas. I like to send them out by the 12th day of Christmas, but after the holiday when all the craziness is done and done.

Boy did I get off on a tangent...sorry about that. Oh, there is AmazonFresh, just called so will be delievering in a few minutes so time to close for today. Enjoy and talk at you later. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I remember when you bought the shelving unit from IKEA. It was actually my introduction to IKEA, I hadn't heard of them before. The unit gave so much to the apartment back then, and it is still such a marvelous wonder for your decor/display. (I agree with you, solid color would not be as nice)

    ReplyDelete