Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Life happens and reality sets in...

Hi there to those that tune in from time to time to see what Chris has been up to. Just home from a 4 day visit to see Mom and that does not count the drive time on each side as I decided to drive from Seattle to Ashland as fall colors were in top form. It was a great drive down to Portland last Friday to see Janet and then up early on Saturday with a quick stop at Starbuck's for a Pumpkin Spice Latte to get on the road for Ashland. Arrived in time as Mom was pulling out of the oven a huge casserole of stuffed cabbage. One of two favorite recipes from my childhood. We enjoyed a wonderful lunch plus two other meals from her creation. The days were filled with good times and challenges as well. Took a lovely drive in the country on Sunday to see the fall colors and Mom got to experience Sonic Drive-In for the first time while down there. She had a Texas Toast BBQ burger with onion rings and a root beer float. Who knew it could be so fun. We had a few games of domino's and a lot of time to chat and enjoy each other's company. All too soon it was time to head back north and under a swath of fog I headed north this morning. 7.5 hours later and one pit stop, I arrived in the Emerald City and settled in at my home.

Since my last posting I have been up to Vancouver, BC and trying to get new phone carrier settled in all the outer offices. Never a dull moment and all the offices are facing big Halloweens parities this weekend. Sunday will see clocks falling back and I do believe I have a breakfast date with a 2nd cousin and his wife, Amy. So needless to say, I am still getting a grip for all this blogging stuff and sometime there may be a gap, but I think far less than you have had. In fact, I think I still owe as recap of the dinner that Curt took me to at Brooklyn, plus how one spends a week in Vancouver, BC. November will see me visiting several of our outer cities and there is a 50th birthday celebration on the horizon that is morphing into something quite interesting. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. TG there is a blogger! Enjoyed our visit and your entry. Goodnight y'all!

    ReplyDelete