Sunday, July 3, 2011

Reading and Learning

It has been a weekend of reading. Got caught up on the last of the backlog of New Yorkers including the July 4th issue! That makes reading 11 issues in the last week. Markie is buried in them now. I also took on the New York Times today. I am feeling rather smug, if only overnight. Glad I do not have to face the office tomorrow, but rather I plan to have a mellow morning and then make deviled eggs for the get-together at Markie's tomorrow evening. I believe it will be 5 or 6 of us tomorrow. May stay late or I might get home early and watch fireworks on TV. FYI Macy's fireworks will be on NBC stations at 9pm.Fun Fact #1 = I learned an interesting item about bar-b-que vs. bar-b-cue. It seems that the former refers to the actual cooking device. The latter refers to the food that has been cooked. Thus, the bar-b-cue was cooked on the bar-b-que. Go figure. I never knew? How many of you will be cooking on a bar-b-que tomorrow? Or will you be using a grill? Yes, most of us will just be grilling meat tomorrow as cooking bar-b-cue takes hours.Fun Fact #2 = There are still 371 Drive-In's around the United States. When was the last time you went to a drive-in? Have you ever been? It was a staple of growing up and I still have vivid memories of seeing "Old Yeller" at the Lithia Drive-In in Talent. It is now a sub-division. And so goes another memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment