Saturday, July 9, 2011

Weekend Break

Hello there and welcome to the weekend. Why is it that 4-day weeks are so damn exhausting? I really had to push to get things done and stress was at an all time high. Last night was a nice break with having Rob & Jodie over for dinner and drinks. Had time to do some planning as we ramp up for "Christmas in July" weekend for the Ya-Ya's next weekend. Dinner was pork loin roast with green peas on the side. We did not get to the watermelon. That is something that I have noticed these past several weeks, portions are shrinking. I am eating less and less as I restructure my eating sessions. It has been an interesting adventure going in and stripping down all the foods that I am no longer eating and seeing the shelves go bare. It is all about fresh and not pre-packaged. Simple clean foods and using spices and herbs for the added flavor.

Funny how you can still learn something new nearly every day. I had long chats today with three dear friends and sharing how this path is revealing and that Moonsong and my doctor have been so helpful in stepping forward. Mobility is being addressed in ways I had not thought of before. Sometimes it is all in the baby steps before the broad strides are made. Tonight I am going to kick back and relax and watch some "Yard Crashers" and "Curb Appeal: The Block" while enjoying some chicken wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment