Thursday, August 14, 2014

Double Surprise

Working away and knowing it has been another challenging week, I had my eyes on getting done for the day and relishing in the fact that it was Friday Eve.  The phone rings and it is my friend Steve from Vancouver, Canada.  He is on his way back from Portland where he did some work and decided to say hello.  As the conversation progressed, it was discovered of all things he was just about 5 minutes away from my place and so came on over on short notice.  A delight to see as I had not seen him in person in over a year.  He looked good and was became fast friends with Damon.  We had a good visit and he was on his way to try and beat the rush traffic in Everett when Boeing lets out for the afternoon at 3pm.

The afternoon continued and after work I decided to take a nap as the day just took its' toll on me.  After a very satisfying 45 minute nap I awoke to my phone ringing and it was Jeff - the gentleman who does those wonderful art bottles - and he was in the neighborhood and had some time before an appointment.  He asked if he could stop by.  Sure.  Not three minutes and he was calling to be buzzed in.  Indeed, he was close by.  We had a delightful chat and got caught up on life before he had to depart.  What a wonderful way to cap off a day that started out pretty darn blah!

No comments:

Post a Comment