Sunday, August 31, 2014

Guilty As Charged!

Sharknado was a bonafide social and cultural hit, averaging 5000 tweets a minute for a total of 1,987,000 social media mentions in less than a week when it came out last year. Though it drew over just 1 million viewers during its initial airing on SYFY, below average for this type of Syfy original movie, there is no denying its impact on all social media as people continue to talk about the film throughout the weekend, building more buzz for its next airing, the following week when it was the most watched show on cable that night.

This opened the door to the sequel and it was so bad it was laughable and had me in tears from laughing so hard.  Yes, while I missed the first movie, I caught the second one last night and it was a hoot.  Truly one of the worst movies I have ever seen.  Of course, now I have to see the original and I am sure more sequels are to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment