Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Robin Williams - RIP

The announcement of his death last night just knocked me over.  I initially was not sure why, but after so much thought and consideration it was the fact that here was a man who made so many people laugh and be happy and yet was not happy unto himself.  I get how depression can set in.  I have had short bouts of it myself to be honest, but often after a good meltdown and cry I get back up on my feet and move on.  I realize all too well it is a nasty condition and quite pleased that it has not taken up long term residence with me.  Special kudos go to Damon, he keeps my in perspective and laughing.

The past weeks have been hard and at points I have just about completely lost it, but so thankful for my many friends and family that keep me in perspective.  Yes, work also does its share of making me crazed, but there have been all too many points in the past few days where I just look and go - really?  Working from home has given great perspective and it makes me appreciate all I have all the more.

No comments:

Post a Comment