Monday, February 28, 2011

Bye-Bye Ya-Ya's and Let it Snow!

ot up early this morning and knew it was going to be a hell of a day. I had no idea in saying good-bye to the beach I was driving into a snow storm on the drive home. It was especially nasty in the Olympia area. I took it slow and steady and did not get excited. Defensive driving was the way to go and boy did I have to work to avoid a crazy 18-wheeler driver. You so often hear about trucks jack-knifing and this day showed me that it can often be as much the truck driver as those around the truck driver. So often people claim it's crazy drivers, but boy those truck drivers on the drive home today scared me a lot.

As noted on Saturday, it was a lovely weekend. Jodie and Rob were the first to arrive. I got there around 4pm and we enjoyed watching Oprah as she had Diana Ross on the show. It was something to see the Diva still going strong and she was joined with her kids. Sadly, Billie Dee Williams did a surprise visit and he has not not aged nearly as well. But a fun show. Cocktails were served and Sandy was next to arrive. Cindy showed next and Katrina was able to join us by 8:14 or so. She had gotten lost a couple of times thanks to GPS unit.

We all made our own pizza from a great selection laid out for all of us to choose from. Michael joined us the next morning. It was a bit too icy to get up to the house for him and better safe than sorry.

Saturday was the crepe-a-thon and how yummy was that (see Saturday's post for pictures and details). Michael brought homemade split pea soup and I made some crescent rolls stuffed with sausages. Did not turn out quite as I planned, but there were none left.

We had a craft project that Cindy brought where we made personalized wine glasses and there was food, food and more food. There was also a moment where I had a bit of a meltdown. I call it the perfect Tri-fecta and oh my it hit like a hurricane. I was going to leave and yet it was dark and so spent some alone time trying to figure out how to share. I like how Michael described it as "confronting without being confrontational. Emotional I'll give you, but not confrontational."

I did miss out on the Tri-tip dinner, but got to enjoy on Sunday - YUM! To my Ya-Ya's I am sorry if I made Saturday any less than it should have been and yet, life happens and sometimes it just does not go quite as planned. We were able to talk it through and it was a delight to be able to come together on Sunday and bring Judy into the weekend. After brunch, the Ya-Ya's started to head home, but Jodie, Rob and I spent another day. Naps and movies plus the Oscar's filled the day plus several games. After watching "RED" which provided some fun twist and turns we watch the Oscar's and all the red carpet coverage. Leftovers and asparagus provided yummy munchies for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment