Thursday, February 10, 2011

Good-Bye Victoria

Up early and heading for the ferry when I realize that the lights are still on different buildings including the Parliament Buildings. I get one chance as I drive by sticking the camera up through the sun roof. And so here is what I got. Not bad for no coffee yet!
Not saying that I cut it close, but here I am the last car driving on the 9am ferry. Yes, the last car! Could not believe it and get this, the only reason it happened was a car with a reservation (an additional $12 fee) broke down and could not get on the ferry.
Noticed that there was some interesting crane action off to the side and so went to look and saw the float boat being lowered into the water. Bummer I don't get to hang long enough to see what was going on.
Bye-bye Tsawwassen Bay and can you see how close to the back I am! But alas we are on our way to Schwartz Bay. Glad to get on the road early in that by the time I hit the Peace Arch Crossing I got to pause and enjoy that for 50 minutes. OK, OK so I need to consider a Nexus card. Add to the to do list.
Now, I do not know how many of you have been on a BCFerry recently, but they have elevators and shops, plus video-arcades plus multiple restaurants. Spa treatments are available but seriously, they have thought of everything:
It has a water source for the pooches plus a bench for humans and little bags for the poop and this is only a 90 minute run. They are so civilized. You also pay your share of the ride and not have it tax subsidized. The Washington State Ferry has something to learn from this system.

No comments:

Post a Comment