Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Canadian Food For Thought

We arrived and since the unit was not available, Ron and Tyler were all about heading for Red Robin for lunch. Ron went for Chicken & Fries while Tyler opted for the 5-Alarm burger subbing out a veggie-patty for the burger. I decided to go for a Guacamole-Bacon Burger. From there it was off to market and we assembled a couple of dinners and other munchies. Oh yes, there was a stop at BC Liquors on the way to snag three bottles of white wine.
I present dinner ala Tuesday. Wonderfully steamed asparagus (broccoli for Ron aka Bug) and we all enjoyed a freshly grilled salmon fillet. Tyler (aka Stitch) did some pre-marinating before I placed them on the grill for the flash grilling experience. We had a refreshing Portuguese white and I have to say, what a lovely blue label.
Please, for the love of God, explain why Canadians love Ketchup potato chips? Ick! Seriously, they are not even available down in the states. Speaking of differences between the two countries. Tyler teased me about a Maple Oatmeal Scone at Canadian Starbuck's...of course they were "sold out" this morning. Get this, while there, he asked for my usual which is a Venti Iced-Coffee with one Splenda and 2% milk. Well, excuse me Canada, how was I to know that you do not have iced-coffee in the winter months. WTF? Then add to this that we all decided to go for Subway for lunch this day. I enjoyed a Spicy Italian and it was quite good. Do you think that we could find a simple shortbread cookie in all of Victoria? Oh no, but they ARE available over Christmas holiday. When did a shortbread cookie become a Christmas only thing? I do not understand.
So here is my post lunch, New Yorker reading and oh yes, there is my "shortbread" cookie, or as close as we could get = a chocolate chip cookie. It was just not right. But hey, I did get through three back issues in just over 24 hours. I am feeling quite happy, Markie, be ready as they are headed your way next. So Tyler is coking a lovely dinner this evening of Fettuccine with an Alfredo Sauce with Tiger Prawns & Peas. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment