Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday Reflections

For the past couple of years I have opted to not go to the Faerie Gatherings up at Breitenbush Hot Springs. It has been a nice break and I have not missed going. There is just something that has taken my life path a different direction. Saying that, I am toying with heading back this summer. Mick and Markie are co-queening the gathering plus it is rumored that some trollop from across the pond will be visiting so it will be a delight to see dear "Clotted Cream" fresh off the boat and will hold court with tales of the spring Royal Wedding to be sure.

Work has been challenging to be sure and it ramped up this week when Curtis departed on Wednesday and it has been good that he is away resting and upon his return we will be going over things that were overlooked upon his departure. All part of the training we have been doing to ramp him into a different level.

This week I worked at getting the backlog of food in the kitchen used up. Decided to strip down all the food that has not been used and can we talk soup? I love soup. Seriously, I do, but who knew I had like 12 different kinds and so since the first of the year I have been using it up and there were some frozen foods as well. Going to go back to Kay doing the cooking and getting a grip on portion again. It is a constant to be sure.

I am also getting some projects organized that have been in a pause mode for a way. One is getting the DVD's reorganized and another is getting all the scrap books finished up and in doing those two projects it will open up space here in the apartment. Speaking of the apartment, I have decided to stay put for another year.

By staying put it will open up an opportunity to make the final push of getting rid of the last of what I consider excess. Yup, I still have excess after all these years. I am trying very hard to get into the mind set of if something comes into the space, then something goes. At the same time, I want to get rid of anything that I have not used in the last year. Yes, it is going to be an interesting year in that I figure that if I decide to move next year, then I will only be moving what I really need.

Well folks, it is time for Gwen Ifill and Washington Week in Review. One of those traditions I enjoy on a Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment