Saturday, February 5, 2011

So Guilty of Avoiding Brick & Mortar Stores

Tonight on the news there was a story about 2 stores closing their doors up in the U District. One is a shoe store and the other a book store. Since I moved here to Uwajimaya Apartments, I have seen my style of shopping change, dramatically. First off, since there is staff in the office to receive packages, it is just so nice to order online knowing that there will be someone to receive the package. Now mind you, I go shopping for things that need to be replaced or upgraded for the most part. But that is not where the deliveries stop. In fact, this morning I am sitting here waiting for my groceries to be delivered.
Amazon Fresh is just a delight. I used to use Safeway.com, but over time I have found I like the product line-up at Amazon Fresh. Tomorrow I am getting some munchies for Super Bowl and also I have done a run through in my kitchen to infill to use up some of the excess inventory I have going on. It is a new year and so I have set out to clean out the freezer and old condiments. I'll be cooking 4 boneless chicken breasts this day for dinner and a lunch or two. I also am keeping in mind that I will be heading up to Victoria on Tuesday.

The driver schleps the groceries up and so I can get all the big bulky stuff out of the way like paper towels, toilet paper, cleaning crap. Frozen Oatmeal and bananas for breakfast during the week. It is just fun to go online and click. I usually pick a day and time several days out to allow for adjustments.

Yes, Amazon Fresh is part of Amazon.com, the mother ship of all online shopping experiences. I look out and see the corporate headquarters for Amazon, which used to be the VA Hospital. I use Amazon for other items such as what arrived today. A new fan for the apartment as the old one finally did not oscillate any longer and 4 new pillows for the bed. Amazing how you can find just about anything online.

Amazon.com is a site that you can find decorations for Valentine's Day or DVD's that you have been trying to find for a while to the majority of my Christmas gifts I sent on out to people. All from the comfort of my own home. January was a great month for me as I was looking for two items and that was drip less Colonel Candles in ivory and binders for my DVD's. In the end, shipping was free for both products in January ala Fed Ex and I got 20% on the candles while I got free letter stamping on the DVD Binders. And what did I decide to have imprinted? Swanda's Fabulous DVD's.
So I am guilty of helping the stores going down and turning to online shopping. Yet, last Saturday when I went to stop and get blue cheese crumbles for a dinner, there were no parking spaces at two different stores. So that makes you wonder? Is it the trends or the level that individual stores offer. No you cannot sit on your laurels and expect to keep on top of your game. But I will say that I do not miss the crowds AT ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment