Thursday, September 1, 2011

Blog-cation Over

Greetings one and all,

The past 6 weeks has been a much needed blog-cation. It was timed with another project. Losing weight. Yes, the body was expanding at an unhealthy rate and being over 50 I knew something had to give. It is a blend of Atkins and South Beach for no better word adding in a strong dose of doctor consult and with bi-weekly weigh ins, so I am not obsessed by a scale. Instead, it has been a lot of retraining my eating habits. The amount of food I consume is down and at the same time I find I am more picky on what I eat. There is no longer the "clean plate club" feeling that I have lived with for so much of my life.

43 pounds have shed themselves these first 6 weeks and I know it was a bit of a jump start to get going. Need to drink more water according to the doctor and to think 6-8 glasses a day was enough. Nope and then that means visiting the WC more often and well, therein I get more walking in as I to and fro. It's all good. So as we go into the holiday weekend, I'll take some time and bring you up to speed on what else has been going on.

1 comment: