Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Menu for Dinner Last Night

Realized I had not shared the menu, likely due to the cocktails and wine...but it was a fun evening. Markie brought Pineapple vodka and I have to admit - SHOCKINGLY - it was not too bad with tonic. But I did have a plate of deviled eggs topped with crushed red pepper flakes for a bit of a kick to balance out drinks. To say they were hoovered would be an understatement. Seriously, a dozen eggs gone in minutes.

Dinner continued with a lovely Caesar salad with crab complete with blue cheese dressing. It was a wonderful addition by Markie and yet Mick did not want to indulge as he does not care for crab. But he was able to take care of his needs by a quick trip downstairs. I finished prep of the main course and into the oven it went at 400 for an hour.

Mick was in need of carbs with dinner and so he went downstairs and got some fried rice and a pork dish of some sort. While he enjoyed some with dinner, he ended up leaving it at my place. Well, it kept talking to me over and over to the point that I got up at 2AM and went in and washed it down the garbage disposal. I know me all too well, if it had gone in the garbage it would have still talked to me and I was so over it. I still did not fall back asleep until nearly 6:30AM. Thank the goddess I don't have to work until Tuesday!
The main course was a bacon-wrapped pork loin and it was a thing of beauty. As you can see, it is ready to go in the oven. With the salad and appetizer, it was a lovely meal. Mick was also able to satisfy his need for dessert by getting himself two chocolate dipped cream puffs and ate those as Markie and I finished eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment