Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A Delightful Surprise

As many of you know I bought a 2011 Kia Soul back in September of 2010.  It is a great car and has 31,113 miles on it as of this morning.  Also, as many of you know, I do not know a thing about cars other than where the key goes and how to fill the gas tank.  I take it in for the 3,000 mile lube & oil change and it is a great car.  
So I arrive this morning with a $25 gift certificate in hand and ready to get my $59.90 service done and be on my way.  Well, since I am a three year customer and have done all the necessary maintenance on the car I got a $199.95 complete overhaul for exactly ZIP!  Nothing, zero, nadda!  I was stunned and quite pleased.  They told me it would be like and hour and half to two hours, but they were done in just over an hour as I was the first customer of the morning.  Truly a thing of beauty!  Now that made my day.

Not that I am counting but a week from today I will heading off to New Orleans and meeting up there with Damon.  I totally accept that it will likely be hot and humid, but boy I hope that there are no major storms or hurricanes that decide to hit while there.  Do not need all that drama to hit during a period of rest.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I hope you have a fantastic time! Hello to Damon from me. I've tried leaving comments lately but no go for some reason. Did Kia do that for you because you take it to the dealership for service? What a bonus! Have fun and stay cool. :-). Xoxo

    ReplyDelete