Sunday, August 11, 2013

Cluck! Cluck! Yum!

Yesterday I decided to cook up several packages of chicken breasts to have some for future meals and so here they are all prepped and in the frig chilling out before going in the oven.  A very simple seasoning of salt & pepper with garlic salt keeps the possibilities for use wide open.  BTW, the sausage packet on the left below the chicken was breakfast this morning - quite tasty.  On weekends I do not eat oatmeal in the morning and thus can use my carbs in other meals for a bit of variety.
Time to come out of the oven.  I generally used the rule of 350 degrees for an hour but have found with this oven that it cooks hot so I cook for about 45 minutes bringing the chicken up to an internal temp of 150 and then turn off the oven.  5 more minutes in and then take them out to rest and get perfect 165.  Also, they end up a lot more moist.  Yes, your cooking tip for the day.
Here is what I came up with for dinner.  I cut up a couple of the breasts and put them on top of a bed of penne pasta with peas and mushrooms.  Quite tasty.  Added the BBQ sauce for some zing which proved to be a good choice.  In recent months I have been trying several different BBQ sauces and find that Sweet Baby Ray's is a favorite with Maker's Mark a close second.  Since Maker's Mark is nearly twice the price, I can be happy with Sweet Baby Ray's.

No comments:

Post a Comment