Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Happy 91st Birthday Dad

On this date in 1922 Dad was born in Walla Walla, WA and well, the rest is history.  He has been gone now for over 14 years, but I still see him laughing that one Christmas when he got the chunk of coal in his stocking.  One of my favorite images.  I know I have a copy of it somewhere.  I am also proud to have straw bowler hat that he wore to the National Elks Convention in St. Louis.  I do enjoy days like this that allow us to pause and think of great memories.  The cabin at Lake of the Woods, him helping me with the paper route or taking us on the road to Brookings for a getaway trip in the summer. 

OK, so you all know I love a good laugh and below is something that my friend Barb posted on facebook this very morning and it just is perfect, it being Wednesday and all.  Enjoy and talk at you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment