Tuesday, September 30, 2014

An Unexpected Case Study

The morning arrived and with the various blood draws, vital stats, tasteless meals, and another day of sheer boredom, I was greeted with an unusual request.  Would I be willing to be interviewed by a 2nd year medical school student named Jeb.  He spent about an hour with me.  Asked some good questions and then assembled a presentation to the rest of the group.  There were a total of 7 students and two advisers  I was open and honest about my current situation and it made for some good discussion.  It was a great way to see the morning pass by a little more quickly.  If there was one thing that I tried to get across to them was to not judge a book by its' cover and I think some of them got it.

At the end, the adviser held back and shared it was one of the most engaging and interesting sessions he had been involved with in the past several years.  That made me feel good.  This afternoon I received a nice Thank You card from Jeb for my time and being willing to share so openly.  Go figure.

The move is happening at the main office today and so will look forward to hearing how I went.  I know there have been multiple bumps to say the least.  Damon even went over and helped them out today as they were so far behind.  He'll be stopping by later to share.  And so goes another day in the hospital.  Who knows how many more?

No comments:

Post a Comment