Saturday, September 27, 2014

Not The Saturday I Had Planned

Woke up early and chatted with Michael as he set off on his journey to celebrate his retirement from teaching.  He is doing a road trip to the southwest to take in balloon fiesta in New Mexico.  It will be fun to follow his journey through his travel postings.  After the call, I fell asleep for another hour and got up to use the restroom.  Upon returning to the bedroom I could not get my breath, skin turned cold and clammy while I sweated profusely.  Things were not improving and Damon became concerned.  By 9:30am he called 911, a call I did not want to see made as I had just been home from the hospital a little more than a week.

The ambulance situation was just odd.  Sitting on a stool down in the lobby wrapped in a blanket for over an hour surrounded by firemen medics awaiting proper ambulance.  Then getting to the hospital only to end up waiting 7+ hours for a room as there was a problem with getting a bed.  I was totally exhausted by the time I got to my room at nearly 10pm.

Appears my last visit to the hospital set this all in process.  They cut back my fluids and yet kept diuretics at 120mg daily.  Additionally, they did nothing to cutback on my potassium.  That was the big problem.  Over the course of the week, the excess potassium is what made the kidneys start to shut down.  Not a good thing.  So now it is time to get this under control and there are some changes that are going to be made.  Not doing this thing all over again.  Rob, Jodie, Damon and Curtis were all amazing today - thank you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment