Sunday, March 28, 2010

Crushed by the internet!

Hello to one and all. So last week all of a sudden I was posting to the blog on a daily basis and enjoying doing it. Sharing comments and observations and in general catching up on a lot of stuff happening and never really knowing if anyone takes time to read other than my sister. Mind you, she is always on me to write and the week I do she is in Ashland without her computer. Well, yesterday we chatted a bit and then I read and was having a lovely morning and decided to post to the blog. two interesting things happened:

1. Heard from someone I have not heard from in years and found out they had moved to Mexico. We had not chatted in a long time and I read her blog and now know what's going on and she informed me she had discovered what I am doing so now the question is...do we actually reconnect and that is what I am toying with at the moment. It's funny the facebook and myspace, etc. There are people who have been out of out lives for years, if not decades and suddenly they wish to jump back in. Do I want that? One of the reasons I have been phasing out of facebook.

2. As I was reading her blog my internet went out - poof! Just like that. Boy, you never know how much you rely on something until it is gone. Well, I took a nap and then got ready and headed north to Rob & Jodie's for dinner. It was amazing. We laughed, ate and drank until near midnight. Once home, tried again = no internet. Went to bed and this morning = no internet. So I was enjoying coffee and reading and suddenly saw my wireless modem thing begin to do a light show. There are 5 green lights on top. So once it stopped, I came over and poof, it works.

I will never really understand electronics and all this stuff, but it is a fun way to pause and share some feelings and thoughts and maybe make someone smile for a moment. I mean seriously, how could you not laugh when you saw the piano pinky ring! One thing I have realized is that in reviewing Friday's blog posting, I will likely have to get a new camera soon. The pictures looked good and then in posting you see they are blurred. Maybe it is just the memory card, but in reality, it is an older camera that just eats up batteries like they are going out of style. And so after enjoying a cottage cheese omelet and some yummy bacon from Double D Meat Market I am ramping up for a game of Catan this afternoon with the boys.

But what I have realized in the end is that I am not going to be obsessed about posting every day. I mean heck, do I have that much interesting stuff to share? But also, I am not going to go weeks and not say something in that I see enough stuff out there and do enough stuff to not pause and share a bit.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Sure, post when I'm unavailable! You should take the power outage as a sign to stay true to the present and shelve the past.

    ReplyDelete