Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Blog - PBS Style

Yes indeed, no commercials and only here to share fun information and keep you posted on all the comings and goings that I can think of. It has been fun taking a few minutes each day to do a post. My sister, Janet, is none too happy. She'll log-in day after day and I have nothing to share and so she up and goes to Ashland this week and does not have internet access and here I am doing a new posting each day. She is down visiting Mom over her spring break and I was thinking about that this day as I drove home. For the past three years Mom and Janet have been really nice and come up here to Seattle for the 2nd weekend of December and we celebrate my birthday and then we celebrate Christmas. It is a lot of fun.

Well this past year was for my 50th birthday and I kept them pretty busy for the weekend. But in 2008 they were up and we got to have a wonderful evening down at Markie's house for dinner. Well, Markie has this thing for old mink stoles and furs, not new ones, old ones. Well, here are two of my favorite pictures of Mom and Janet!
















Mom looked so French in her own way with that fabulous hat and Janet was just being glamorous. We sure laughed a lot that night and as usual, Markie made an amazing meal. While I cannot remember exactly what it was I would put a good guess at pork ribs hot off the bar-b-que with a steamed vegetable and a loaf of freshly made bread and salad on the side. Yes, he does it oh so well!

Tomorrow night the Sounders kick off there home opener and I just know it will be loud. Last year they sold only the lower bowl and sold out just about every game. They have now sold so many season tickets that for this game they only sold 83, yes 83 out of over 60,000 tickets to groups. Well, E&A, who I work for got 60 of those and some group out of Alaska got the other 23. Who knew that soccer would be such a draw. Oh and the Sounders do not refer to it as soccer, no, no, it is "football" to them as they do play a lot of the European teams. On the 5th of April it will be round two of insanity when the Mariner's have their baseball season home opener. The fields are next door to each other. Yes, and only blocks from my apartment. Now, tell me again why I resigned for another year? Oy!

1 comment: