Thursday, March 25, 2010

A week of blogging and a bonus!


Hello to one and all,

So I decided to fess up and share I made an error last night. Qwest Field does not hold 60,000, it holds 67,000. Sorry about that. Need to be more careful. Alas, I am sitting here at just about 5:37pm and looking out and seeing the traffic snarls that opening night brings. So glad to be home already. So above is a good picture of Qwest Field. This is the stadium the Paul Allen was able to sucker punch the city of Seattle into building once they tore down the old King Dome, a facility which Washingtonians are still paying for by the way. Talk about crazy. Can anyone tell me how one of the 10 wealthiest men in the world can get cities to build stadiums for him or dump them on various municipalities? Like Portland and Seattle paying for his sports team's arenas. Alas when people are all screaming about not being able to afford simple things, tonight's home opener is sold out. Makes you pause and go hmmmm!? But mind you I like the Sounders a whole lot more than the Seahawks. Just the way it is. So I plan on making some soup here in a bit and continue reading my current read - "Best Food Writing 2009" that I got for Christmas. The other thing I am quite excited about is that in the post are two presents to myself. I decided to pledge to PBS and picked the original Julia Child Cooks series in black and white for my thank you gift. I also decided to go ahead and get her original "Mastering the Art of French Cooking Vol. I & II." What a treat they will be to enjoy.

Bonus Round:
Where the Prizes are Bigger
& the Stakes are Higher!

Decided to take a bit of time last night and revisit all my blog entries and I discovered something for which I must apologize. I went off to Las Vegas and had a lovely time and even treated myself to a little trinket - do you think it is ever so a little too much? Do tell:

This is the ring I treated myself to as they literally arrived as I was touring the museum. I got the one and only size 13 and that only makes it fit as a pinkie ring. And it is heavy! Has been a lot of fun to boot. And so that is it for this day. I am so glad to be inside with all this dripping wet rain we are having. Amazing how we have had weeks of lovely weather and for the home opener of the "football" aka soccer game, it is just a mess. They are die hard fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment