Saturday, March 20, 2010

Posting is not quite what I had planned!

So last night I posted I would be heading south to Portland to see Janet. Now let's back up a bit and look at the bigger picture. Michael had invited me to the coast to join him and his friend Betty for a Vintner's dinner at Bridgewater Bistro. Wonderful, a lovely and relaxed evening of a 6-course dinner with 5 wine pairings. We book a room so as not to drink and drive as the dinner is in Astoria and not in Long Beach and all is planned. Last Saturday, the 13th, we get calls stating the dinner has been canceled for Friday night, the 19th due to a lack of sign-ups. Bummer! OK, so Michael moves the room hold to next month and I have already in play a trip to see Janet as I am down there why not go by and spend some quality time.

Well, that goes bust as I go to leave this morning and the car will not start. Long story short the car has been towed and will get fixed and I am now in Seattle for the weekend. Read a bit of the morning and the weather is mighty nice. Likely to put out the Easter decor since home and got an order placed with Amazon Fresh since they had a slot open for tonight for an 8pm delivery. Like surprise, who else but me will be sitting home on a Saturday night waiting for a grocery delivery. Thankfully it makes it so I can have breakfast in the morning as I had used up milk and other food since I was not planning to be here this weekend. Janet has shared she used this morning to clean out some closets and do some spring cleaning...perfect timing since spring arrived at 10:32am (Pacific Daylight Savings Time) this very morning. I have some of the blinds down due to that intense orb shining bright, but the windows are open to air out the apt. Yes Janet, I can actually go a day or two without the air conditioner!

So since I am now here and not down going to the Sing-A-Long "Mary Poppins" with Janet I may just have to go dig my copy out and watch it here and sing a bit of it myself. Why is it that I just love that movie and yet not a single stitch of it was filmed in London! All of it was done in southern California at the Walt Disney Studios. That would never have happened today. Not a chance. I so enjoy the opening and those wonderful painted images and then all of a sudden you are seeing Mary floating along with that wonderful umbrella that she has with the talking parrot and the magic begins. Perhaps it takes me back to my youth when things were a heck of a lot more simple. Like calling the phone company and making one call and not having to see if they are the provider of record for the inbound or outbound or are you within the service contract. Argh! But I am getting away from the movie. Another movie I do love is "Bedknobs & Broomsticks" that is along the same lines if you thiink about it, ust different setting and of course, Angela Lansbury. God I love her as an actress. So anywho, I am going to do that, but think I need to ponder lunch options right now. A salad might be a good idea and a nap is always a luxury on the weekend that is really enjoyed. So folks, here is a bonus posting that has rambled a bit, but know I do enjoy a good ramble!

Postscript - There are times when you do something totally on a whim. Well, before I post each entry I add the pictures and the various links. Not sure why, but for fun I thought I would add a link to the definition of Bummer. OK, so there were a variety of options under Google search. I choose one and started laughing so hard I just had to add it. I never, EVER have heard of the 2nd option - British - no wonder it is tagged as "uncommon" go figure! So there you go folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment