Friday, March 26, 2010

A funny thing happened...

You know how things can just skip a beat and then you are left scratching your head. Well, that happened to me. Last Friday I got a message from Pam, out assistant manager here at Uwajimaya (pronounced Whya-ja-maya) Apartments asking me to stop by the office as they had something for me. I did so on Saturday as I got the message late. Well, Joyce, the leasing agent, got me the two packages from the package closet and they were for Markie. How odd I thought that they would call, they usually do not. Case in point two packages were waiting today and no slips on mailbox or call. So I took them and left. Well, today as I stop by to inquire about the packages (knowing they were due), Pam reaches to the coner of her desk and gives me a gift bag. Ah, so this is why she called. I pull out the tissues and there is a pen.


Not just any pen, but a festive green sparkle pen with my name on it. She said, "Well you did say when renewing 'Don't I get a pen or something for lasting 5 years?'" and sure enough I did! Not the best picture but hey I just quickly took a picture and it has a festive star at the top and my name on the green glitter. Very cute.

I walked into the aprtment and was hit by a wave of fragrence that was just lovely. The lilies had popped and oh my they are stunning. Like they say a picture can be worth a thousand words, look at how much time I have just saved both you and me.


Going to get a grocery delivery here in a few and then I will kick back this evening and relax and enjoy seeing what Gwen and group have to say on Washington Week and then read. Breakfast with Mick tomorrow followed by dinner at Rob & Jodie's. It is unusual in that I am making a Salad Caprese but I take one great liberty. I drop the basil and add English cucumber for a festive crunch. Also taking asparagus to be grilled and Rob picked up steaks today at D&D Meatmarket and I will repay him. He will do the cooking on his grill, the first of the season. Sunday morning Helene is likely stopping by for a quick visit as she arrives from Vancouver and then she is off to the airport for her flight to New York City to see friends. Yes, there very likely might be a game of Settlers of Catan in the afternoon and Moonsong has been so nice to postpone cleaning until Monday as it is to be a nasty day on Sunday and so Helene and I can meet here at the apt. How quickly the canceled Ya-Ya weekend got filled, but hey, what fun.

1 comment:

  1. Cute pics! I'm glad you asked for a pen as there are a number of interesting items you could have asked for and gotten it with your name in it.

    ReplyDelete