Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Very Full Yet Relaxing Weekend

Weekend Chores & Clean Apartment 
Plus Ferry Ride...

I kicked off Friday by heading to the doctor's office to get results of the heart monitor I had in December. You have to laugh when the doctor walks in and announces "Are you here to get off Rat Poison?" I did not know that the chemical formula for Warfarin is the same as rat poison, but just smaller dose. Well, he did remove me from it after announcing that I was no longer AFIB, which was one of the main things that put me in the hospital. He was teasing me that I am making him look bad in that he thought I would never get off oxygen and that I would never be fully removed from AFIB. It is nice to be able to prove him wrong and in the end, he was quite pleased.

Got home and celebrated with a big salad and a quiet night of unwinding from the work week. Decided to call it an early night as the weekend was going to be one that was filled with chores and relaxing. But who knew that Saturday would kick off so early as I woke up at 4am and could not get back to sleep. So decided to go ahead and get up and begin packing away Christmas. It feels good packing it up and getting the house back to base point. Little did I realize it was going to take me two days to get it all packed up. Did pause to make some scrambled eggs and bacon plus enjoy coffee and some toast with Nutella. Then back to chores and got laundry done and garbage/recycling done. Taking it down to the garbage room was the only time I ventured out of the apartment all Saturday. It was fun being a home body for the day. Dinner was leftovers from Friday's dinner which was ground turkey, cut up asparagus with an Alfredo sauce over pasta. Pretty tasty and filling. The phone was pretty busy as I had calls from several friends around the country to break up the day.
Today has me finishing packing up Christmas before Moonsong arrives to clean. Then I will be out the door to mail letters, get gas, pick up prescriptions, and then drive down to Tacoma in order to catch the ferry and drive Vashon island before coming home via another ferry. Once home, with everything done and a clean apartment, it will be time for a much needed nap. Oh how I love my Sunday afternoon naps. But need to be up in plenty of time to make pork loin with roasted root vegetables and then had cole slaw on the side. Markie arrives around 5:30pm so we will chat a bit as we had not seen each other in a few weeks. Cocktails preceed dinner and he is to bring a bottle of wine from his wine shop. He is a funny guy and at times I love him as a dear friend and at other times I want to hit him so hard.  He can be a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment