Thursday, January 31, 2013

Just Shoot Me!

We opened a new office this week as I mentioned yesterday and it has caused an entire level of stress and chaos to occur.  Numerous requests for things that they would like oh yesterday.  Additionally, I have had to look over 150 resumes that came in for the position for the Chicago Event Manager. OY!

It is exhausting to read through all of the resumes and so many are horrible. Typo's galore and all this excessive color, graphics and seriously, do you really need to send a photo. Heck, one guy sent a shirtless photo of himself - not very professional. It is amazing what people send in. It is a position for event planning and yet I have seen resumes that do not have a single thing to do with events, but they think they are the perfect fit. Not going to happen. 

Alas, the day ended and I drove home to enjoy a simple dinner.  Tonight I cooked shrimp and then flash chill them and serve them up on a bed of cole slaw. It is fun seeing how creative I can be with what I have in the kitchen. Trying to use up a lot of stuff that has been lingering around and thus open up for new and exciting food experiences.  Amazon Fresh will be delivering an order on Saturday morning to take me through  the next couple of weeks. 

Michael arrived from Long Beach just before 7pm as I woke up from a nap.  With the sleep study and then the tush still giving me challenges, I was just exhausted when I got home this afternoon.  We ended up watching The Colbert Report and also The Daily Show with John Stewart and both are shows that make me laugh.  He is still recovering from his flu bug and is at about 80% and thus he went to bed early as I enjoyed watching The Rachael Maddow Show.  Oh am I a happy camper that tomorrow is Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment