Monday, January 14, 2013

The Shoe Has Dropped

Well, I knew it was coming, just not how bad it would be. Got the email from my boss, the owner, today:
We are going to do a flat thousand dollars a month; however, I am working on a way to bonus you based upon the new star system and event profit, so based upon increasing customer service and profit. If we do it correctly then you should have the potential of earning more than you do now. Not sure how the new star system works yet, it should be up by Wednesday so we can begin collecting data. I believe even with that you are still making more than anyone in the company other than myself when you look at a whole year (obviously a salesperson or telemarketer might have the potential to make more than you in some specific two week period).
We can also revisit your pay if our leads jump back up and look like we are going to be stable. If we are lucky Chicago will be a great market. If it is similar to Houston and Dallas then it will offset what has happened in Santa Clara.

His bull above will not pan out, I can tell you that. He will expect me to work all the harder and with a pay reduction. I am now making less than when I was on medical leave - how messed up is that? Yes, I need the insurance right now and bills have to be met, but let me tell you, it has lit the fire to move on big time. 
 
Damon was very supportive tonight when I got home, I was not in a good mood at all. 
Otherwise, it has been very low key and I am working very very hard to keep work and home separated. It is just not worth letting it ruin my entire day. Sorry this has not been the most positive of messages so here is to tomorrow being a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment